Who am I and why am I doing this work?
Hi, I’m Veronika.
I hold a 200+ hour meditation teacher certification from the Veda center, a Reiki practitioner certification through a direct lineage (fifth in line from Master Usui) and a bachelor’s degree in Illustration. I also have experience in somatic practices, Qi gong, Yoga and competitive swimming, as well as knowledge in Ayurvedic practices.
I have a deep passion and respect for practitioners, healers and therapist in alternative healthcare (Which should be called foundational healthcare in my opinion, but that’s a different conversation). I want to see them succeed in their field, because that’d mean more people are waking up to taking care of themselves in a holistic way.
I started doing this work, because every day, I see many of these amazing practitioners, who are a driving force behind change for the better, no matter how small or big. I know they can only continue to do this most needed work, when they don’t feel overwhelmed and on the edge of burn-out. And I believe that they deserve every bit of support while they are making a difference.
Now, if you really want to get to know me, here are a few more points:
- I’m originally from Hungary, but felt adventurous and moved to the Netherlands when I was 19. I’ve been living here ever since.
- I have a bacherlor degree in Illustration, with extra training in Animation. I used to work as a professional Illustrator and Animator.
- I live with my husband, two little boys, doggie and fish in a tiny Dutch village next to a beautiful river.
- As a college student, I put myself through college by working several part-time jobs on the side. Two that I did for several years, were my favourites: I was an Assistant Technician at an amazing theater and at the other job I got to learn about the eyes and the technicalities of contact lenses, frames and eye glasses at an Optician’s shop.
- I used to have an Etsy shop where I sold handmade paper goodies with my illustrations on it.
- I speak three languages fluently: Hungarian, English and Dutch, and learning a fourth: Hebrew.
- I can get pretty obsessed with cooking from scratch. My creations are not always picture perfect, but they usually taste good.
- As a kid, I wanted to be a field zoologist, working in the most remote places on Earth.
- I used to work in a kids’ show in my hometown in Hungary. First as a helper, later also as co-presenter.
If you feel inspired to share your wildest childhood dream, or have any questions or comments about this website, let me know here. I’d love to get to know you too.